Skip to main content
Content Staging in Drupal 8: DrupalCon Austin Session Notes
Thursday, June 5, 2014
- For D8, building a loosely coupled "content replication" components rather than a full-blown "content staging" solution, as D7 was.
- Revisions everywhere and conflict detection
- Easier dependency management
- Allow for continuous replication
- Bi-directional replication
- REST API
- Sits in the bottom of the stack
- Tracks update sequences in order to make dependency management a lot easier
- Provides revision support for all content entities
- Revisions don't get a UUID. There's a hashing mechanism that hashes on the changes.
- CRAP instead of CRUD. (Create/Read/Archive/Purge)
- "Compaction" job can be done to remove revisions for real.
- Extension to RESTful JSON API
- Provides new endpoints
- Supports bulk pushes of content
- Endpoints for comparing revisions
- UI on top of the underlying subsystem
- UI for managing conflicts
- Using CouchDB compatible API
- Can use other CouchDB tools and libraries