In this course, you will get an overview of using Drupal as a content management system, and learn step-by-step how to build your own Drupal 8 website. This training is a combination of self-paced online video lessons, live question and answer sessions with an instructor, and real-world assignments to practice what you've learned.
Who is it for?
This class is for anyone who wants learn more about Drupal and how to use it for your organization or business. It is designed for people who have never worked with Drupal. Experience with HTML, CSS, and programming is not required.
How is it taught?
The class will consist of online video lessons and live Q&A sessions with an instructor. The lessons can be watched on-demand, anytime that is convenient for you. They will take you step-by-step through the process of building a Drupal website, and you can follow along to create your own site. (We will provide web hosting for your practice work, so you don't need to worry about setting that up.)
The live Q&A sessions will be conducted online, using the webinar software GotoMeeting. During the sessions, the instructor will answer all your questions and will help troubleshoot any issues you have building your site. In addition to the live sessions, you will have access to an online forum to discuss the lessons with other students and ask the instructor questions during the course.
Topics Covered in This Course
This course will introduce you to using Drupal as a content management system and include step-by-step instructions for configuring and and using Drupal 8. The lessons will cover:
- Understanding Drupal as a content management system
- An orientation to administering a Drupal 8
- Creating, editing, and formatting content
- Managing menu items
- Managing users and permissions
- Installing and Uninstalling modules
- Finding and evaluating modules for Drupal 8
- Configuring the site layout with blocks
- An introduction to creating custom content types
- Creating dynamic pages with Views
- Understanding the Drupal community, and available resources for learning more about Drupal
We'll also discuss next steps for those you who want to learn more about Drupal site building, theming, or module development.
Wayne Eaker is the director and chief developer of Zengenuity. He's a Drupal expert with years of experience building highly-customized Drupal websites. He is also a seasoned trainer, having taught professionals, corporate clients and high school computer science students.
This course is free, and presented as part of the Drupal Global Training Days program.
- Four hours of recorded online video lessons and two live Q&A sessions with your instructor. (See the Session Dates tab for session times and dates)
- Permanent access to the recordings of all the lessons and live sessions. Watch them again anytime you need them!
- A web hosting account for your practice Drupal site.
- Access to an online forum to ask questions of the instructor and discuss with other students.